A New Year has landed, and although it was quickly overshadowed by Lockdown 3.0, the housing market continues to thrive and DC Lane estate agents are as busy as ever!
In 2020 we assisted hundreds of families, couples and individuals looking for their forever home in Plymouth , and following Government advice, we will be continuing to offer our covid-secure property estate agents and lettings agents services to you through the January – March lockdown.
If you were looking forward to house hunting this year, you will be pleased to know, you don’t need to put your search on pause due to the lockdown! (See our lockdown update) We have continued to receive plenty of calls, but due to our efficient sales and rental processes, properties don’t stay on our website for long!
Your most common question is, “Am I still allowed to move in lockdown?”
Yes, absolutely. The sales and lettings market remains fully open, however we should all be working together to ensure this is done as safely as possible.
We have had to change our processes slightly, but we still welcome you at our office on Mutley Plain by appointment and our phones are monitored 6 days a week.
So, what can you do to make searching for your new property as safe as possible? (These are good to keep in mind for the quickest and simplest rental or property purchases at any time of the year!)
- Before you start viewing properties for sale or properties to rent online, find out what is required in terms of paperwork. Have you sorted your references? Will you need to wait for the return of your deposit from a previous property? Have you spoken to a mortgage advisor? If you are purchasing a property, you will need an agreement in principle from a mortgage company before your offer on a property can be considered. The more organised your paperwork is before viewing properties, the better.
- View the properties you are interested in, wearing your masks of course, and please try not to touch any doorhandles or surfaces in the property to prevent cross contamination. The government advise that at any one time there should be no more than 2 different households inside the property. This includes the estate agent assisting you with your viewing.
- View photos and videos online beforehand and if authorised by the owner, (usually in empty properties) you are welcome to take your own photos of the property to refer back to when reflecting – but please do ask permission beforehand!
- Send paperwork via email where possible. Not only does this prevent unnecessary trips to the office and the transferring of paperwork from hand to hand, it also means there is a digital record of your documents in our files.
- Check our blog for general purchase and renting requirements.
View our properties online and contact us to book a viewing today.
For Covid updates regarding sales and lettings market, please follow us on Facebook or regularly check on our website.